Reeve cattle company is a family business that was started on land that was homesteaded over 100 years ago. The Reeve family came to Kansas in 1882 and have been involved in area agricultural ever since.
The present location of the farm and feedlot was originally ranch land that was homesteaded by Chester Reeve and Oliver Reeve where they had a registered Angus cow heard.
M.P. “Jack” Reeve purchased the ranches from his father and uncle in the 1950’s. The Feedlot and the development of center pivot sprinklers irrigation started just a few years later. For the next 15 years, the land was converted from ranch land to irrigated crop land through the use of center pivot sprinklers. A feed yard was started and expanded to consume the production of the farm.
Lee Reeve returned to the operation in 1971 upon graduation from Kansas State, and fully taking over in the mid 80s.
The ethanol plant was developed in 1982 where the stillage byproduct was, and still is used, for the consumption of the cattle.
Today, Reeve cattle holds 46,000 head of cattle, with the Ethanol Plant producing about 17,000,000 gallons of ethanol a year.
620.275.0234 Ext. 19
Cattle Operations Manager
620.275.0234 Ext. 11
620.275.0234 Ext. 21